Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 3, 2007

Garage Sale

This morning we (Me, John, and CC) braved the freezing cold temps and had our garage sale. At 6 am we were all ready, but nobody came. So we waited and finally at 7 am people started coming and they came pretty much all morning long! The best part was, that they bought our stuff! YEAH. I did have some flashbacks to the garage sale our small group girls had last April. I was extremely pregnant and we had worked very late the night before getting all of our "treasures" organized. The next morning we didn't really have a great turnout and I think we each made around 10$. However, the most memorable moment was this one shopper who made her purchase for a dollar and then came back for a full exchange and refund! Who gives refunds at garage sales,? I mean you paid a dollar for your "treasure". Anyway back to my story, we got rid of a lot of "treasures", but don't worry we still have some left for the Gateway people. Overall, this garage sale was much more successful than the last one. At one time, there were more people digging through the huge pile of trash (picture below) then looking at what was on display in the garage!

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Catherine I am so glad you created this blog--don't give up! Thomas is absolutely precious. God has truly blessed you and John. God is so good!! I am trying to begin a blog but David and I have no babies to post so it won't be too exciting. Miss you much--Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Catherine, click on my ticker and then click baby birthdays and complete the steps. Once you create your ticker copy the html box and paste it under settings - blog description.

Renee Guest said...

Oh my gosh...I cannot wait to hear what that woman returned. That is too funny!