So handsome....his first suit. Just like Daddy
This past weekend. We celebrated Poppie's retirement from the military. I think he served for 35 years...including the past 4 years at Adjutant General where he control the military for the whole state of Mississippi. Those four years were very busy as he dealt with the war, Camp Shelby in Hattiesburg being a training post before soldiers left, and Katrina...something we will never ever forget. We went to a very nice reception and then a dinner for him. Numerous people spoke about him, including John and Daniel. They both gave great speeches about their father. I was very proud of John and to be a part of the Cross family. Thomas has a great time. There was a band at the reception which he just loved. He started of kind of slow dancing and then he put the moves on. Everyone was standing around just watching him. Then when Layne came, Layne followed Thomas and his dance moves. Here are the pictures. Sorry they are blurry. They would not stand still. Mrs. Caroline just smiled and looked pretty in her new dress.


3 comments:
Your blog looks great!! I love the new template. Thomas looks so grown up in his suit!
Boom Boom and Pop Pop just LOVe being able to see these darling photos of our precious grans. We are soooo blessed! Way to go Cath and John
So glad the party was a success! It's so fun to celebrate people's lives and accomplishments. Maybe that's why I love birthday's!! k
Post a Comment